Monday, August 16, 2010

Handicap

Handicap. What's it like being handicap? Well now Ive got a chance to "feel" whats it like. Well not really what's it like, just maybe 1% handicapped.

Last week I got into an accident. A very stupid could have been prevented accident, more like I did this on myself type of accident. I shall not talk about how I got it but rather how its been being "handicapped". So now Ive got my leg stitched up, yes stitched up and bandaged nicely Im all set to be "handicapped" for awhile.

Yes, you see handicapped people everywhere, day in day out until they make no difference whatsoever in your life. You do. Dont deny it. Well since Im stitched up now, I take a second to think how fortunate I am that my disability is only temporary every time I see someone who is actually handicapped. For life.

Being "handicapped" makes doing daily activities a whole lot difficult. Simple things you wouldnt have to use your brain activities requires some effort. Taking a shower is tricky, you gotto make sure the bandaged part doesnt get wet.

Walking about is also hard. You basically can hobble around, not walk. I think Im gettin better at this hobbling part.

Lastly being "handicapped", means I cant jog/carry my weights for a week or two which for me is the HUGEST draw back of this accident. AIIIIII!!!

1 comment:

A Pinch Of Salt said...

Ok..officially, you are now being categorised as OKU, man! Hahahahhahaahaaaaa.........it is better to have legs than no legs,bro! Take care ..heal fast!